Huronia Heights Beautification Awards 2017
A well maintained home is a positive attribute which should be encouraged. The purpose of the Huronia Heights Beautification Award is to recognize the time and effort residents have expended to make their yards and homes as attractive as possible. Three winners will be chosen in the spring and announced shortly thereafter.
Criteria for judging are as follows:
- Homes must be located in Huronia Heights
- Residents must be current on their Homeowners’ dues assessment
- Landscaping: Curb appeal, does the house and yard have an attractive and well kept appearance from the street? Is the lawn well manicured? Are the shrubs, flowers, and/or natural areas maintained?
- Property condition: Is the home in good to excellent repair? Is debris, litter, clutter non existent?
- Overall attractiveness and appeal: Does the home and yard stand out as an example? Is there good/creative use of seasonal flowers, plantings and hardscape materials?
Properties will be judged by three volunteer members of the Huronia Heights Homeowners’ Association (the judges are not eligible to participate). Award winners (with their permission) will be listed on the Huronia Heights Facebook Page and in the Annual Newsletter. Once a home has been chosen they will be eligible again in three years.